{March 25, 2012}   How Bad Could He Be? (For Trifextra)

Trifextra Weekend Challenge

Rules: Trifectra gives the first 33 words and we supply the last 33.

Voting: This week is open the public! Visit this link starting at 8pm EST on 3/25/12 to pick your top 3.

Trifextra Entry #3 – How Bad Could He Be?

“There’s nothing cute about it,” he said. The register of his voice indicated decision more so than discussion.

She disagreed heartily and privately, staring past his head and out the window behind him.

“Seriously, what the hell’s wrong with you? That beast would eat our kid in one bite.”

“Aww, Stephen. He’s a St. Bernard. They’re trained to rescue people. And Tad really wants a dog.”

20120324-021921.jpg

He’s probably the reason I have Milo.

20120324-023220.jpg

Good Kitty.

barbara says:

one word . . . CUJO

And this was the movie that came on after Amityville Horror (from my other comment). That is wild!

Well done!

Fun! Creepy, blood-stained dog kind of fun.

Sandra says:

How can those eyes NOT be cute? Milo is adorable! (BTW, I’m not sure if you saw my reply to your comment, but I did explain my post a bit more… It was indeed too vague).

Poor hoodie. :(

Sandra says:

Okay, sorry, I didn’t know who Tad is. Or Cujo. Now I know. Now I feel like such a dork. Sorry! (Blush).

Okay, but did you at least get the “Stephen” reference? :)

Sandra says:

Okay, I’m risking making more of a fool of myself, but no. I came to the US the year after the book was published, and wasn’t speaking fluent English until after the movie came out. Then I never caught up on that era, so I am only familiar with King’s later works. Had I caught the “Stephen” reference, I probably would have figured out the rest. But no, I had to go make a moronic clown of myself on the internet. =)

You are far from a clown. That’s impressive. If I tried to enter a writing contest anywhere but America, it would be ME who looked like a clown.

And possibly even when I do it here. :-z

Libby says:

Yea, Stephen!! It’s cute!! :)

Poor Cujo. I always felt so bad for that dog.

A victim of circumstances …

Completely. He was just being a dog when he got bitten and got the rabies. When the rabies got a personality, Cujo became that much more the helpless victim.

Amelia says:

I have a firmly held fear of animals who yawn the size of my head.

I’ve lived in the US my entire life and have never read a Stephen King novel, nor seen one of his movies, so I didn’t catch the references either. (This should make Sandra feel better…but it doesn’t do much for my own self-esteem ;))

I would choose the cat, anyway!

They’re not all worthy reading/seeing? (Sorry, Mr. King.) But Misery??? If you haven’t experienced that one, I highly recommend exposing yourself to it.

Sandra says:

Janna, THANK YOU for “outing yourself” to make me feel better! I had a near anxiety attack after I realized what I had done. =) I was actually planning on reading King’s newest book (11/22/63) as soon as I finish Mockingjay. I’ll put Misery on my to-read list as well.

And then see the movie. Kathy Bates was excellent.

chrstnj says:

This is one of the few that really made a seamless transition between the prompt text and your own 33 words. Very nicely done!

karen says:

I love this … and St Bernard dogs. Nothing terrifying about them, unless you have a pool. Apparently when you have a pool and a St Bernard, the pool gets neglected. Great piece.

Shudder! Very evocative use of 33 words.