{April 28, 2012}   The Pre-Game Show at the ODNT household (for Trifextra)

It’s Trifextra time. What’s the assignment, you ask? Participants were asked to create a scene involving three people and write it from the point of view of each of these characters, using 33 words for each of them.

I opted to go with non-fiction for this entry. My scene could represent any night in our household when my son has a basketball game. I’ll let you figure out whose perspective is represented in each vignette.

The Pre-Game Show

Put more arc on the ball. Use the backboard. Hold the ball up here so no one can steal it. Keep it high so you can put it back up for your rebound.

I washed your shirt. It’s in the dryer. Get your shoes and tell your sister we’re about to leave. Whoever has to pee should go now. Do you want red Gatorade or purple?

I know! Daaaad! Okay. You say that every time. Thanks. I’ll get it. They’re already on. MOM WANTS YOU! I already went. SHE SAID TO PEE! Do we have yellow? That’s my favorite.

20120428-180115.jpg

Nope. That’s NOT my boy. But he looks appropriately irritated, doesn’t he?

Great conversation! It was flawless how you had your boy’s perspective acknowledge both Mom and Dad’s requests/advice. Well done. I used to hear something very similar in my house before my bro’s basketball games. :)

Thanks for noticing that little detail, Mel. I actually posed these questions to my boy to get ideas for his responses. Poor thing.

Libby says:

This is a good one! So true too…

Thanks, Libby. Always rushing around here. Sigh.

Dad, Mom, boy.
I didn’t think 99 words would be enough to describe the mayhem. Nice job!

Oh, I could’ve probably used 99 more to describe my girl’s feelings about going to so many of her big brother’s b-ball games. And then there’s Milo the cat …

gene3067 says:

The orange and smurf blue gatorades are the best.

k~ says:

Like a day in the life of… :-) Nicely done.

This was funny. Too close to reality (esp. the everyone go pee thing)

Beware the yellow Gatorade! Great job!

Rachael says:

I was thinking the same thing—yellow Gatorade is far less appetizing when used in the same conversation as peeing!

Rachael says:

I am SO glad mine are still toddlers! I imagine we’ll have similar scenes when they’re older. Nice entry this week!

Lance says:

I like how mom knows the details. This sounds like cheerleading/karate nights/events at our house.

loved it, and very relatable

Oh yeah, getting them all out of the house. And you know that nobody who needed to pee actually went. You just know they’re going to get halfway there and need to go.

Usually including the mom in this house. :-z

Ha, I loved it. It would appear that you’ve painted a picture familiar in lots of Trifectan houses. Very realistic and very well written. Thanks for linking up

karen says:

So many details for so few words. And you caught the boy’s responses so well. I’m imagining him prompting you them, in RL … a very funny part of it all. (So glad I read comments before making my own!)