{June 16, 2012}   Too Little, Too Late (For @trifectawriting)

For this weekend’s Trifextra challenge, we were asked to write a story about the picture provided below in either 33 or 333 words. Being the lazy sloth that I am, I chose the former … “And that has made all the difference.”

20120616-094804.jpg

Too Little, Too Late

PLEASE, kid. Don’t toss me over. That stupid cow will chew me to bits. I SWEAR I’ll wear a dress at EVERY tea party from now on. … Yes, of course. AND a hat.”

Libby says:

LOL! Great take! I went with 33 words too… :)

k~ says:

Is that your cow Michelle?

Don’t think I didn’t think of that, K! :)

k~ says:

hehehhe… :-)

When I read the last line I busted out laughing. Great take!

Thanks, Mel-lifluous.

#wordnerd
#yesiknowitsnottwitter

#italwaysmakesacommentcoolerwhenyouuseahastag

#didyoujustcallmeaMILF #badjoke

Well. I’ll THINK about it. You may have to sit next to mister fuzzy buns and his gas problem, too.

That’ll teach him to step out of line. :)

The idea in itself is so brilliant and its execution even more.

Thanks, Ruby. You’re invited to my house for dinner tomorrow night.

I love the POV of the stuffed animal. Hilarious :)

Thanks, Janna. And thanks for informing me about the link trouble. We experienced some technical difficulties here at ODNT today. I think I’ve corrected them. But I may need to go throw some salt over my shoulder to be sure though.

You can save the salt…it works :)

By the way, I don’t know if it’s just me, but the link on the Trifecta page wouldn’t bring up your site.

Tessa says:

Must be you Jannatwrites. It came up for me ok.

Thanks, guys. There WAS a problem with the link. Probably that my addled brain put the wrong one up. Stupid brain. Anyway, good to hear it’s remedied. :)

Tessa says:

I loved this. Like someone said, a cute variation using the bear’s POV. Great job!

Thanks, Tessa. It was a fun one.

gene3067 says:

Wonderful. Straight and to the heart.

awriterweavesatale says:

Lol. That’s cute.

Ha! What a fun, funny take on the photo! :) Love it.

kgwaite says:

Loved this one – Who would’ve thought to use the POV of the bear? Great job.

Thank you so much for linking up to Trifextra this weekend. The challenge this weekend will be judged by the community. So please come back to the Trifecta home page and click the stars next to the three posts you most enjoyed. You only have until Monday at 8 am EST, so hurry!

Gina says:

Clever from Bearie’s perspective.

Christine says:

I’m hearing a think Bronx accent from the bear, I think. :) Very amusing!

I love this comment. Glad you could “hear” it. That happens to me a lot when reading something. :)

that’s great! i can totally see that bear making the plea!
love it.

Meredith says:

Awesome! Here’s to all those tea party dresses…!