{July 27, 2012}   Will the Real ODNT Please Stand Up?

Ever been told you have a twin? I have. A lot. I even wrote a post about it a while back called Who’s Your Doppelgänger? And the faces to which I’m compared are usually famous ones to which I see little or no resemblance.

Case in point.

20120727-162506.jpg

Not only is there a pigmentation differential here, but I have not yet jumped into the plastic surgery pool. (Yes, I know my blog name is ironic.)

And then there are the non-famous faces … like “that girl who sat behind me in Algebra class who always wore the Nirvana t-shirt with the big rip in the sleeve.”  I never make their acquaintance and thus never get the chance to see how I really measure up to these poor souls.

Until now.

A writing friend of mine (Hi, JD!) recently sent me a picture … a video really … of an event that took place in San Diego a year ago. She was surprised to see me there. And so was I. Because I wasn’t.

20120727-110432.jpg

What do you think?

20120727-110417.jpg

I attempted (somewhat lazily) to replicate the picture for dramatic effect.

After getting over the initial humor of the similarity (my son laughed OUT LOUD for ten minutes), I suddenly started to worry that maybe she was my evil twin. Or … even worse … maybe I’m the evil twin. (Although I almost never wear an eye patch and I haven’t used my freezing death ray in years.) I’ll bet she’s got better shoes. And she’s probably multi-lingual.

Do y’all think we could switch out lives like in The Parent Trap? Maybe I should be calling Lifetime to pitch an idea for The New Patty Duke Show. Except we wouldn’t call it The Patty Duke Show because that would be stupid. Oooh! Unless we could get Patty Duke to sign on as our Executive Producer … or maybe she could play our wisecracking old landlord.

The possibilities are endless. I’d better get right on it ….

read to be read at yeahwrite.me

Vanessa says:

Holy crap, Michele!!!! That’s crazy!!!

Well, YOU have a Barbie doppelgänger! :)

Ray Ray says:

That is creepy similar.

sars! says:

I definitely don’t want any of the Jacksons to be my doppelganger… that would be way too creepy for words.

gene3067 says:

Close, but not quite. How often do you see your friend? And when is your next album by the way?

I like the way you’ve used this post to head off any thought that you and your doppleganger might be up to nefarious antics.
I for one will be keeping an eye on the police blotters for any reports of cheese disappearances.

I’m going to stealthily stalk all brown haired, brown-eyed women while we are there looking for her. If I find her, you’ll need to take a picture with her. :)

That’s good. And don’t discount yourself in your search. You DO fit the profile.

Sometimes the answer is right under your nose, Mel. YOUR nose.

Damn! She looks just like you! I have yet to meet my twin. I think it might freak me out a bit if I did.

When people look like me (I don’t look like THEM, you see), I prefer to think there was an inter-dimensional rip.

jamie says:

OMG! I read somewhere that on earth, there are 7 people who look like each other. Wonder if that’s true…

Maybe I should enlist this chick to help me go find the other five. We could form a band!

Kerstin says:

She does look a lot like you (or you look a lot like her, because you are definitely younger, right?)
My daughter would roll her eyes at me now (yes, she’s a teenager) and say: “Mom, don’t you know that there are 32 people in the world who look EXACTLY like you? That’s what the National Geographic says, there are only so many genes to go around. Duh.” :) (stopping by from yeahwrite)

Now that I’m seeing your pictures side-by-side – HOLY CRAP. She really is your twin! We will find her at BlogHer. Oh yes, we will.

I’m trying to attach your button now, FYI. And, yes, let’s find her!

Michael says:

There is a striking resemblance for sure. I don’t get mistaken for celebs, but I can’t tell you how many people have come up to me and said, “wow, you look just like my friend XYZ…,” or “Don’t i know you from somewhere?” or “you look soooo familiar to me.” In my case, I think it’s because I look so average/plain that people think I look like a million other people.

Michael A. Walker
Defying Procrastination

Don’t be so hard on yourself. I think I must just have a cookie cutter face. Better to be one in a million! :)

Pretty uncanny resemblance! I can’t wait until someone points out my doppleganger. I swear I have no idea what I look like to other people sometimes.