{August 22, 2012}   Happy 1st Anniversary, ODNT!

Yes, that’s right. Just one year ago today, I wrote a blog post

… then sweated buckets about it, sent proofs to half a dozen people, second guessed myself, ate a pound of cheese and drank a bottle of wine contemplating it, considered scrapping the whole thing, third guessed myself, cried quietly, berated myself in front of the mirror …

and hit publish.

It’s been a very interesting first year. CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW to see just a few of the highlights in my scrapbook.

20120821-211108.jpg

If you’re interested in reading some of the stories in this scrapbook, I’ve included the links for you at the end of this post. Because I understand lazy. And I know I would NEVER bother to look them up on my own. And I’m assuming that, if you read this blog, you’re probably lazy like me. So I did your heavy lifting for you today.

Thanks to all of you for riding shotgun with me the past year. Here’s to year number two!

The Posts that Inspired ‘Things You Read About on ODNT (2011-12)’

1. Man Boobs Quiz  & Answers
  2. Hoarder on Wheels
  3. Naked Mole Rats Introduction & Tweeting Spree
  4. Norma Stitz
  5. Bitchy Barbies Introduction, Playdate & Acquisition
  6. Red Hair Dye Phobias
  7. Drug Hallucinations
  8. Tumor Look-a-like Contest
  9. The AMC Letters: One, Two, Three & Four
  10. Bag Balm
  11. Just Say No to Saving the Earth
  12. Paging Mr. Baldwin: The Appeal & The Response
  13. Hunger Games Prequel
  14. My Junior Novel (maybe)
  15. How does one say Goodbye to a Toilet?
  16. A Hairy Day at Disney World
  17. A Cow named Michele
  18. Creating a New Identity for my Class Reunion
  19. When Johnny Depp came to my BBQ
  20. Spray Cheese Delivered to your Door
  21. Things You Learn While Drinking Wine
  22. A Bloody Good Idea for Next Summer
  23. The Hamster’s Going to Need a Lot of Therapy

Kim Heller says:

Happy Anniversary! I’ve really enjoyed your writing!

jamie says:

Wow! Been quite a journey huh? Happy anniversary! :)

Kari says:

Happy Anniversary Michelle! I should be getting ready for work, but enjoyed being lazy laying here reading. Thanks for making it easy. Looking forward to the next year. Glad you didn’t take up world domination. We would have been so disappointed…you know, if your replacement did their job.

John says:

Congratulations? ;-)

k~ says:

Happy Anhiversary ODNT :-)

Happy Blogoversary, lady! You make me giggle. And I love you for it!

Way to go, Michele! Can’t wait to see what you write about in year 2.

Except for naked mole rats. Leave those buried in the past.
Blech.

Gigi says:

I’m so glad that you stayed with it. You’re an excellent writer who should broaden your horizons and reach for the stars !!!

Happy Anniversary! It has been great writing to/with you and I look forward to your newest adventures.

Going to put it out there that the voting for #8 is still up, so exercise your rights!

We sound like co-workers which, I guess, we kind of are. :)

Go, Prop 8!

#theaterperson
#hashtagsoutsideoftwitterarecool

We are collaborators!

Happy blog-o-versary!

Lance says:

Happy Blog Birthday! So glad I saw six months of it…can;t wait for another six

Thanks, Lance. Glad we found each other. Your continued efforts on a substantial piece of work help drive slackers like me.

Ali says:

Let stalking of ODNT’s blog commence. Love the Brite- well done. I can’t believe I’ve been missing such great stuff. Can’t wait to go catch up. I am particularly interested in matching manboobs up to their owners. I feel like I could have a talent for this. Happy blog-o-versary!

Well, thanks and welcome, Ali. Oh, and I’m standing right behind you.

You’re not the only one with stalking abilities. :)

gene3067 says:

Happy Anniversary! I see a long, wonderous, joyful journey.

Really? Another year of this? :) Thank goodness! You.are.supah.cool! So glad I can share my big girl writing with someone like you. xo

Congratulations!I’m looking forward to many years to come!

Susan Prior says:

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary ODNT! And thank you for the horrifying hamster testicle visual that is now constantly replaying in my head! I seriously don’t know how men walk around with those things! ;)

Happy blogiversary! If you haven’t read “Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed” by Mo Willems, you really should :)

Happy blogoversary! The opening of this post made me laugh. I remember how my first posts were done by panel, too. Now that’s only very occasional. ;)

[...] Lights in the Dark posted video of the Curiosity landing! Old dog New Tits hit her one year blogiversary (seems to be a lot of that going around… And The Girl In The Cat Frame Glasses put up a [...]

erinmthrelfall says:

Happy anniversary!

I’m celebrating the same thing! :) Congrats!

Well, congratulations to you, too, then!

Diana says:

Happy Anniversary a couple of days late. I am so glad that you took the plunge and stuck with it. You’ve become one of my favorite bloggers!

Happy Blog-iversary!!! You are hilarious and so glad I have found you! Here’s to many more years :) Thanks for linking up this week, love having you!

Thanks. I’m glad Mel hooked us up. :)