MEL: Just write about a similar story from your past, Michele. It’ll be easy.
ME: (under breath) Easy for YOU maybe … you unscrupulous THUG!
It’s Ketchup With Us time and my co-host, Mel at According to Mags, had a unique idea for the writing link-up. To illustrate it, she wrote about one of the many foolhardy misdeeds of her youth. Frankly, when I read it, I was appalled. Shocked. And appalled. There were a few moments there that I seriously considered backing out of this whole Ketchup thing with her. I mean, you think you know a person, right?
Anyway, I’m sorry to disappoint you guys but I have nothing that comes even close to Mel’s story. It’s not like I ever cheated on a science test and got grounded so I couldn’t go to the Adam Ant concert … or snuck out to toilet paper the boy around the corner’s house and put a big rainbow-y Rick Springfield bumper sticker on his car. No, sir. But doesn’t that so sound like the kind of thing that our friend, MEL, would do. (laughs condescendingly)
For a quick explanation of the link-up, click here. In short, Mel and I will post a picture or video with a writing prompt on the 1st and 15th of every month. All you need to do is respond in whatever form strikes your fancy. Be creative. And, with each prompt, we’ll feature a writer from the previous link-up. Which reminds me, we’re happy to honor one of the only boys brave enough to link up last week.
Our esteemed Ketchup With Us Featured Writer for today is …
The Rules of Play (Please check ‘em out for us, guys!)
- Follow us on Twitter (Michele/Mel ) and Facebook (Michele /Mel)
- Post the ‘Ketchup With Us’ button (below) in the body of your post.
- Link your entry’s URL (not your blog URL) to the linky at the bottom of one of our posts.
- Tweet us your post. Please include both of our handles AND the hashtag #KetchupWithUs so we can RT you.
- Please turn off your captcha. (Don’t know what that means? It’s when your commenters are forced to enter nonsensical codes to establish their non-roboticness. But, seriously, robots HATE writing link-ups. And Ketchup. So, I think we’re good.)
‘KETCHUP WITH US’ – Prompt #3
Tell us in 57 WORDS OR LESS about a time you were caught red-handed, like a rat in a trap, with your hand in the cookie jar.