{January 20, 2013}   Birds of Prey (TrifectaWriting)

Trifecta weekend writing assignment – “Choose one of the pictures below and give us a 33-word response to it.” Of the three they provided, I chose this one.

20130120-114610.jpg

(Photo courtesy of ZeroOne / Foter.com / CC BY-SA)

Birds of Prey

(scanning area) “Mercedez windshield? Boooorrrring. Bronze Memorial? Soooo predictable. Black Armani? Mmmmaybe.” (sigh) “Come on, Sheldon. You can do this. Think bigger.” (jumps to feet) “Wait. Is that ….?”(sound of airplane spiraling downward)

20130120-114512.jpg

That made me laugh. I didn’t expect that ending. Bomb’s away!!!

Thanks, Mel. Sadly, it’s the first place my brain went. And I read a few other entrants that think like me. Poor fools.

kymminbarcelona says:

Go, Sheldon!

Every bird has his day.

Lumdog says:

This is way clever. Black Armani. I love it.

Thanks, LD. I had fun channeling my bird brain.

atrm61 says:

Ha!ha!Like this Sheldon-he sure aims high!Perfect opening lines too:-)

Thanks. He was looking to make a splash.

joetwo says:

Wedding dress! Three hundred points!

That’s sort of the way I saw it, too. :)

2old2tap says:

Haha! I like it! I can imagine that self to self conversation.

Thanks. I tried to get into his tiny, disease-infested head. :)

Rachael says:

Hahaha! Now there is a reason to have an all-indoor wedding!

Your hair and your dress will thank you.

Haha!! Well. . .maybe it won’t show too badly on the white dress??? I spilled a glass of red wine on mine. Oops.

Did it come out? Does it even matter? As the expression goes, shit (or red wine) happens. Right?

Something to be said for indoor weddings :)

It’s also way better for the hair said this lifelong Southern girl. :)

Draug419 says:

So he met his lofty goal! xD

With flying colors. (Did I really just say that? Gross.)