1. Sleeping. Yep. That probably makes me pretty dull. But I love it. And I very seldom get enough of it. Especially when I’m actually lying down in bed in the middle of the night with pajamas on.
2. Getting a massage. I so love being on a massage table. And yet, right now, I’m the jackass at the keyboard writing about getting massaged.
3. Eating cheese. You guys had to see this one coming, right?
4. Watching a movie. I love movies. I could watch them all day. And yet, compared to the average person, I’ve seen so very few. How is that fair? P.S. If anyone reading at this moment wants to see a movie, text me. Now. (Bet you think I’m kidding.)
5. Singing on Broadway. What? The prompt asks for Nine Things I’d RATHER Be Doing. Right now, I’m wearing an old Johnny Depp T-shirt sitting on my bed typing a goofy blog post with Disney’s Jesse on in the background. You know what I’d rather be doing? I’d rather be singing on Broadway. With the right song, I’ll bet I could … oh, never mind.
6. Being the one holding the pen at a book signing. Well, as long as I’m singing on freakin’ Broadway …
7. Traveling internationally with my family. With your family, Michele? I know. That’s what *I* thought as soon as I typed it. But yes. I want to see as much of the world as I can. And I want them with me when I see it. Honestly, sometimes I wish I was more of a gypsy.
8. Time traveling. Well, crap. Since my suitcases are packed, right? Let’s see. I think my first points of interest would be … my children’s babyhoods (I’m bringing a better camera this time), my teen years (for a little damage control … and some classic MTV) and maybe the 1960s. I want to be on Ed Sullivan. (What? Did you expect 1776? It’s like you guys don’t even know me.)
9. Hugging my kids. This is the one thing on my list that I could actually go do right now. Come to think of it, if I chew while hugging with a DVD on in the background, I could probably knock out THREE simultaneously.
This post was written in response to MamaKat’s writing prompt asking for Nine Things I’d Rather Be Doing Right Now.