When Mel and I first came up with this KWU prompt, I knew right away who I’d be calling for a story. My friend, Vanessa, experienced some seriously crazy chiz in an apartment she leased with her husband during their first year of marriage. The actual story is a rather lengthy and deeply disturbing one that I forced myself to cull down to fit the 57-or-less mold. Every word of it is (gulp) true.
Every day, lights flickered and knobs twisted independently. Pictures turned eschew. The thermostat inexplicably vacillated between 55 and 90. Fixtures fell from the ceiling and the armoire door swung open every night. At 3am precisely. A neighbor finally spoke up. The last tenant in the apartment had been gruesomely murdered. And the crime was never solved.
* * * * * * * * * *
For a quick explanation of this link-up, click here. In short, Mel and I will post a picture or video with a writing prompt on the 1st and 15th of every month. All you need to do is respond in 57 words or less. In any form. We love creativity. And, with each prompt, we’ll feature a writer from the previous link-up. Which reminds me …
Our esteemed Ketchup With Us Featured Writer for today is …
The Rules of Play
- Follow us on Twitter (Michele/Mel ) and Facebook (Michele /Mel).
- Post the ‘Ketchup With Us’ button (below) in your post.
- Link your entry’s URL to the linky at the bottom of one of our posts.
- Tweet your post to both of our handles with the hashtag #KetchupWithUs so we can RT you.
- Please turn off your captcha. It’s the right thing to do … and the tasty way to do it.
‘KETCHUP WITH US’ – Prompt #5
In 57 words or less, tell us a ghost story … real or fiction.