For a quick explanation of my shenanigans, click here.
Want to hear about yesterday? Day One
Today’s Weight – 121.2
I am somewhere between 5’3″ and 5’4.” I am not a crazy person. Well, mostly not a crazy person. I would love to be 115 pounds for Christmas. Do I expect to reach that goal during this five-day experiment? Probably not. I’m weak and it’s only five days. Still, I figured any weight I could shave off BEFORE the onslaught of holiday gluttony is a good thing, right? Of course right.
So I made it through the first day. That’s got to be the hardest part, yes? And now that I’m seeing how fast an adult can burn through jars of baby food, I decided to make another quick grocery run … in search of variety … which ironically has oft been called the spice of life. And that’s the only spice I’ll be getting for a few more days.
Four stores later, here are a few of my “finds.”
It seemed like SUCH a good idea and yet it’s our winner so far for “Tastes Most Like Puke.” Seriously, there’s a contest. And this one is our front runner. I really wish I hadn’t bought three freakin’ jars.
OMG … Cheetos!
And cookies? Okay … “Let’s do this thing!!!”
P.S. I’m picturing Linguini from Ratatouille as I type that last line. Probably because his name is a food. Plus, I may or may not be starting to hallucinate.
Still need proof of my commitment? I went to the movies tonight and it didn’t break my stride. Although, I’m sure I looked like a complete meathead in action. Mmmmm … MEAThead.
And Milo is still WAY too into all of this food for my comfort level.
Today’s intake, as logged into the ‘My Fitness Pal’ app on my phone:
- 6:55am – Gerber Bananas (6oz., 140 calories)
- 11:40am – Gerber Graduates Lil Crunchies Mild Cheddar (18 pieces, 35 calories)
- 12:15pm – Gerber Graduates Maple Waffle Wheels (3 pieces, 25 calories)
- 12:17pm – Gerber Macaroni & Cheese (4 oz., 80 calories)
- 12:25pm – Diet Coke (at my boy’s basketball game)
- 1:30pm – Earth’s Best Harvest Squash Turkey (4oz,. 60 calories)
- 1:41pm – Earth’s Best Peach Oatmeal Banana (4oz., 70 calories)
- 1:53pm – Ella’s Kitchen Milk & Vanilla Baby Cookies (1 cookie, 35 calories)
- 3:40pm – banana (90 calories – You guys all said it was okay. Except my pal, El Guapo. Mean!)
- 3:42pm – Gerber Graduates Lil Crunchies Mild Cheddar (18 pieces, 35 calories)
- 4:00pm – Lemon Blueberry Tea with Splenda
- 5:03pm – Gerber Spaghetti & Tomato Sauce with Beef (6 oz., 180 calories)
- 5:50pm – Diet Coke (Yes, it’s number TWO for the day. I was at the movies!)
- 5:55pm – Earth’s Best Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (6 oz., 110 calories)
- 8:48pm – Gerber Graduates Banana Cream Waffle Wheels (3 pieces, 25 calories)
- 8:52pm – Earth’s Best Chicken & Brown Rice (4 oz., 80 calories)
- 9:02pm – Gerber Vanilla Custard Pudding with Bananas (3.5 oz., 110 calories)
- 10:45pm – banana (90 calories)
- 11:00pm – Gerber Graduates Lil Crunchies Mild Cheddar (18 pieces, 35 calories)
Total calories for the day – 1196
Things We’ve Learned and/or Questioned Along the Way
- My friend called to offer support but chastise me a little because she didn’t see water listed yesterday. My bad. I did drink water. Lots of it. And took my daily vitamins. If anything, I’m watching my food group distribution more than usual. Not to worry.
- I have established a rule on what makes a food “approved” for this diet. It needs to be able to be fed to a child less than 12 months old. The purpose of the diet is that everything be easily digestible. Hence the rule.
- There is a reason babies cry all the time (they’re PISSED) and don’t sleep through the night (they’re STARVING). Only their fruity desserts are tolerable straight from the jar. … That’s right. I got your back, Babies!
- Lemon blueberry herbal tea with Splenda is not even CLOSE to a lemon blueberry muffin. Stupid tea company.
- Chewing rocks.
Oh, and one more thing. I’m having lots of fun playing with you guys on Twitter. Please keep looking for me as I descend slowly into madness. I spared no expense. We even have our own hashtag … #ODNTBabyFoodDiet. Here’s my favorite exchange of the day. (Thanks, Hotspur.)