As I was flipping through emails during play rehearsal this afternoon, I found one from my mom. It was titled “My lists.” I assumed it had something to do with our laundry list of errands to take care of this summer. I was wrong.
She had just read my latest blog post and thought it was time she wrote one of her own. Color me surprised … and happy … and so freakin’ relieved that I actually might not have to write one tomorrow. “Awesome! Can I use on ODNT? I’ll feature it tomorrow if you say yes. P.S. Please say yes.” said me. “If you really like it, and think it’s good – then yes,” said she.
And with that, a guest post was born. From my mom (AKA Gigi). Thanks, Mom.
Five Reasons Why This Grandmother Should NOT Attend Her Granddaughter’s Recital:
1. The bathroom isn’t located at the end of the aisle.
2. At least 34 of the 40 or so numbers do NOT feature my granddaughter.
3. I always wind up sitting behind dutiful dads with heads like windshield wipers.
4. My ears have not yet learned to appreciate or even tolerate rap or hip hop music.
5. I know I’ll be sorry the next day because I munched on junk food contraband in my purse for 4 1/2 hours.
Five Reasons Why This Grandmother SHOULD Attend Her Granddaughter’s Dance Recital:
1. Vivien was beautiful, happy, and talented.
2. I got to sit next to my grandson the entire time.
3. Several of the ballet, musical theatre, and tap numbers were very enjoyable – especially the baby classes.
4. I used the non-Vivien time to delete many old texts and emails from my phone and to check Facebook.
5. I got to eat junk food for 4 1/2 hours.
The subject of this post (left), the author of this post (right) and some sleepy fool in the middle. Circa, um, a few years ago.
June is Blog Post by Numbers Month. Wanna play with Mel and me? Just write a “listy-type” post with a number in the title (ex. FOUR Reasons I Love Mayonnaise, SIX Things You Can Do With A Paper Clip). Then link back to us and tweet us about it so we can include you on June 30th in our final list: (Number-Yet-To-Be-Determined) Great Bloggers Who Played the Blog Post by Numbers Game!
Honestly, Gigi! I love your reasons for both sides! I’ll admit the junk food one made me laugh out loud when you brought it full circle. And I teared up when I read your reason of being able to sit next to your grandson. You are a natural blogger. When are we setting you up with one?!? Let me know. I’m there. We can volley some names!
Great post, Gigi!! 🙂
I’m ready! How and where do I begin?
Love it. We just sat through a very long recital ourselves, but it’s so worth it for those little moments of sparkling happiness! 🙂