1. Because of all the trips to Buds Broiler, a local burger joint, that we took with my brother when we were kids.
2. Because whenever he sees something he thinks I’ll like on TV he picks up the phone and calls to tell me so I won’t miss it.
3. Because he’s hands down the most patient person on planet Earth. I can remember forgetting a textbook after a visit home from college one weekend. “No problem,” he said, climbing into the car to drive 80 miles to hand it to me then immediately drive the same 80 back home. Late on a Sunday night. When he had to wake up at 5am the next morning.
4. Because he still dances at every wedding he attends.
5. Because he taught me everything I know about math. Never mind the fact that it’s not much. MY fault, not his.
6. Because he took me to see Rick Springfield over an hour away from home when I was only in 7th grade.
7. Because he took me again to see Rick Springfield 20 years later right after I became a mom and was starting to go a little stir crazy.
8. Because he loves my children like they’re his own.
Happy Father’s Day, Dad. I love you.
June is Blog Post by Numbers Month. Wanna play with Mel and me? Just write a “listy-type” post with a number in the title (ex. FOUR Reasons I Love Mayonnaise, SIX Things You Can Do With A Paper Clip). Then link back to us and tweet us about it so we can include you on June 30th in our final list: (Number-Yet-To-Be-Determined) Great Bloggers Who Played the Blog Post by Numbers Game!