And why exactly is everyone staring at my teeth these days? Easy. Because I was recently contacted by the customer-oriented good people at Smile Brilliant to conduct a product review of their high-end tooth bleaching system. Spoiler: I loved it.
Raise your hand if you’ve ever spent any alone time in the bathroom bearing your teeth at your own reflection in the mirror and wishing you had a whiter smile. To those of you sitting on your hands, I think you’re lying. Everyone wants whiter teeth. And everyone needs whiter teeth. Unless, of course, you played a paleontologist on TV in the 90s.
But enough of my tomfoolery. Let me tell you about Smile Brilliant. That’s why we’re all here, isn’t it?
When their company rep first contacted me, I was over the moon. Like I said before, who doesn’t want whiter teeth? So I accepted the job and was immediately sent a product reviewer starter kit.
The kit contained everything I needed to take professional, dentist-quality impressions of my upper and lower teeth (as well as the gels I would be using with my custom trays once I received them). I got to work immediately.
To make the impressions …
- Open one BASE paste and one CATALYST paste.
- Blend together.
- Press into mold and insert in mouth immediately.
(How great do I look here, by the way? … Hello? Christmas card!)
Notice how my hands are super blurry in that middle picture? That’s because you have to MOVE FAST. Once the pastes are combined, they waste no time hardening. Herein lies the reason that you get three sets of the stuff with your starter kit (see picture above). Because some people are spastic and will mess up the first batch by working too slowly.
How did *I* do, you ask? Well, let’s just say all six of my paste containers were empty after I made my impressions. (Sometimes I’m surprised I can dress myself in the morning.) Anyway, here’s what I sent over to Smile Brilliant in their convenient, postage-paid packaging.
And here’s what I got back only days later.
Before opening any of the gel packages, I tried on my new mouth trays. And they fit perfectly. (I wonder if Smile Brilliant makes jeans.) And, with that, I was ready to start illuminating my smile.
To whiten your teeth …
- Apply desensitizing gel (if you choose to purchase it) along inner front rim of both trays and wear for 20-60 minutes.
- Apply bleaching gel in the same way and wear for 20 minutes to 3 hours.
I’m a compulsive overachiever so I maxed out both times and completed the full process three days in a row. And I honestly saw improvement as early as the first day. From there, I whitened every other day until I hit the two week mark (for a total of nine treatments). And that was it. That was all I needed. Unless I want my teeth to glow under a black light. (see Ross Geller above)
Personally, I think my before and after pictures speak for themseLVES.
Seriously, they look AMAZING, don’t they?
Tired of hearing about MY experience?
Wish you could throw a bucket of indelible purple grape juice directly at my glistening teeth?
You needn’t stew in your own filthy envy anymore. Because I’m giving away a gift certificate to Smile Brilliant for $119.95 right here to one lucky, yellow-toothed winner! That’s enough to get everything you need to make your own custom trays plus three syringes of bleaching gel (each good for three uses).
Click HERE to win.
You have until September 9, 2014 to enter.
Okay, let’s recap everything. Shall we?
- I LOVE this product and literally noticed a difference after one use.
- When making your dental impressions, work fast and have a napkin handy for, well, drool. Did I mention that earlier? (sigh)
- Remember that just because you can wear the bleach-filled dental trays for three straight hours doesn’t mean you should wear them for three straight hours. This stuff is the real deal and overkill can result in a little gum tenderness.
- Enter the contest, fools. White teeth could be yours by the end of the month!
The ODNT Product Review Procedure:
- Sometimes I say no … because I am not interested in the product or I don’t think it’s a good fit for me or this blog.
- Sometimes I say yes … but determine, upon usage, that the product is a fail. So I inform the company and offer the option to part ways rather than receive the bad press. This offer is always accepted.
- Sometimes I say yes … and I try the product and LOVE it. So I write my review. And you can rest assured that every word, every picture and every video is 100% true.
Because MamaKat asked me to talk about something I learned last month.What’s mine? Home tooth whitening products aren’t all snake oil. This stuff really works!