… but you can’t take Disney out of the girl.
- Rides that got multiple visits – Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (3), Buzz Lightyear (3), Test Track (4), Tomorrowland Speedway (5), Space Mountain (6)
- Miles walked – 40 (approximately)
- Modes of transportation taken – car, bus, boat, train, monorail, gondola, spaceship, time machine, faulty elevator, etc.
- Things lost – sunglasses in the vast expanse of Space Mountain
- Illnesses – my kids and I all down with colds I brought on the trip
- Fevers – my girl (poor baby)
- Braces malfunction – my girl (when it rains, it pours)
And speaking of rain ….
- Inclement weather – only once when we went to dinner on Tuesday night. Here’s hoping for a decent ride home.
My kids are already planning the next trip. I wonder how much the $12 balloon will cost then. Oh, and you only have a little over one day left to “burgle” my house. (It’s a word. I checked.)
You have turkey to baste and sides you’ll be throwing away later to make so I’ll be brief. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! When I’m asked what I’m thankful for, many things come to mind!
My family and friends, Broadway theater, airplanes to take me to see places I love or have never even seen, good health, cheese, TV shows and movies that make me laugh, chocolate chip cookies, flat irons for my stubborn hair, the ability to empty my head through writing, mirrors that make you look skinny, great leather boots, music so moving it makes me cry, the color black, good hair weather, etc. etc. etc.
But when Mamakat asked us today to list something we’re thankful for … well, I decided to make a collage. Because one picture just wasn’t enough.
First row (L to R) – Easter; Hogwarts Great Hall (Oxford, England); Who knows? (Wouldn’t you have had to take a picture, too?); Mahalia Jackson Theater, New Orleans. Second row (L to R) – Christmas at the mall; A favorite, local restaurant; Kleinpeter Dairy Farms; San Francisco family vacation. Third row (L to R) – Our backyard; Christmas at the Windsor Court, New Orleans.
* * * * * * * * * *
Oh, and before I forget, I am thankful for you … for coming back and reading about my (mis)adventures, lunacy and/or minutiae on a semi-daily basis. Have a great day, friends!
“Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.” – Kevin James