I first embarked on my ODNT adventure just as summer was ending and my kids were returning to school. It seemed like the best time to take on something new, especially given the roots of this project. And, in deciding to start writing again, I also decided to start reading again. Not only have I read five lengthy books since June (yes, I know that sounds pathetic but, if you know me at all, you want to feed me a dog treat right about now), but I’m also reading a lot other blogs. All over the place. It’s always good to know what and who else is out there. And what I’ve learned is that there are a lot of hilarious, crazy, articulate and touching writers in the world. (Right when I had concluded that it was mostly full of idiots. Cynical jackass that I am.)
So, now with an enlightened mind and an open heart (sort of like the Grinch at the end of his infamous tale), I sincerely appreciate and accept the nomination given to me by one of my favorite fellow bloggers, El Guapo, for a Versatile Blogger Award.
The nomination carries with it the following guidelines:
* Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
These people are all important to me for different reasons.
* Inform the bloggers of their nominations.
That job will be taken care of following this post. You’re welcome to come along for the ride with me but, be forewarned, my car is a mess and we’re also taking my cat to the vet for his annual shots.
* Share 7 random things about yourself.
1. I triple pierced my ear on a ferry boat when I was 14.
2. I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was 8 years old.
3. I have delivered court subpoenas for money. (Don’t judge me!)
4. I was hired as the lead singer for a band in college but quit because I didn’t want to travel with guys I didn’t know.
5. I was on the homecoming court one year in high school.
6. I was mugged at gunpoint with friends after my own Sweet Sixteen party.
7. I once attended a bachelorette party at someone’s house and wound up knowing the male stripper.
And a little something extra … or lagniappe, as we say in New Orleans …
I wrote a children’s book about my daughter of which I’m pretty proud. One day, maybe I’ll publish it.
* Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Thanks again, El Guapo. I enjoy everything you write and am still waiting on my Christmas delivery of cheese soup, as cheese in any form is never a mistake. To everyone else, if you haven’t read him yet, get on it. The dishes … and the kids … can wait. Seriously, his name references The Three Amigos. Do you need more than that for your interest to be piqued? I sure didn’t.