1. No schedules. And what I really mean by that is no early mornings. Except this morning. When we had to wake up at 7am. For volleyball camp. Seriously, what the hell is the matter with me?
2. No homework. Because, let’s face it, the kids passed me mathematically two years ago. And the school year represents ten months of daily humiliation with the kids looking at me with pity in their eyes, resisting the urge to pat me on the head and say, “Poor Mama. Poor … stupid … Mama.”
3. Vacations. Sure, they make me a little anxious, but I love seeing new places … or favorite places … or just different places … with my family. Plus I like the break from the daily grind of laundry, bill paying, cat box changing, etc.
4. Late bedtimes. Where I can do something crazy like put a movie on with the kids at 10pm. (Ahem) And sometimes the running time is longer than two hours!
5. Getting together with friends. During the school year, I usually see my friends for things like PTA meetings and other school functions. But during the summer, it’s just for fun. We pick the hours, the place and, most importantly, the menu!
June is Blog Post by Numbers Month. Wanna play with Mel and me? Just write a “listy-type” post with a number in the title (ex. FOUR Reasons I Love Mayonnaise, SIX Things You Can Do With A Paper Clip). Then link back to us and tweet us about it so we can include you on June 30th in our final list: (Number-Yet-To-Be-Determined) Great Bloggers Who Played the Blog Post by Numbers Game!